Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ya' Think?!

In an interview, Bush cited some of his regrets throughout his Presidency.

``I regret saying some things I shouldn't have said,'' Bush said. He cited comments he made after the Sept. 11 attacks, when he said of al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden: ``I want justice. There's an old poster out West that said, 'Wanted, dead or alive.'''

He also said he regretted telling Iraqi insurgents in 2003: ``There are some who feel like that the conditions are such that they can attack us there. My answer is, bring 'em on.''


He went on to cite a few other regrets, but there are some glaring omissions. So I thought I'd help out.

1) the war in Iraq. - Umm.....are you ready to admit we shouldn't have gone there? Maybe, I dunno, you wanted bin Laden, so you could have gone to....uhhh what's that place called? Afghanistan!!!

2) the inability to master the English language and understand that the meaning of a sentence is based on the placement of words

Here are a few:
"I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things."

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe — I believe what I believe is right."

"People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you."

"I try to go for longer runs, but it's tough around here at the White House on the outdoor track. It's sad that I can't run longer. It's one of the saddest things about the presidency."

source

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that Bush lacks something in his ability to speak. I think that his approval rating and his administration would have been a lot better off if he could connected with America 1/10 as well as President Elect Obama. Again, let's not underestimate the challeges that Bush faced. Obama is under the same pressure. Maybe Obama will fair just as well as Bush but will communicate better with American people to give them confidence.

Bush's "accomplishments" will be studied and analyzed just like every other president and only time will tell what kind of legacy he will leave behind. Obama's call for change has lead to discussions about gun ownership, The Fairness Doctrine (amending Freedom of Speech/Freedom of the Press?), seizing of 401Ks, along with the current string of bailout of plans or is it the socialization of private companies? It is a complex and challenging time for all Americans. But I am committed to showing my President the respect that he deserves whether I agree with him or not.

We will never know if taking the fight to the enemy prevented a terrorist attack in the United States. But we do know that there has NOT been a terrorist attack in the United States since 9/11. Now Barney Frank feels the need to cut the military by 25%? Russia is placing missiles on the Polish Border and we want to cut the Missile Defense Shield?

I have questions. You have answers?